QGIS Full Stack Web Developer
We have really wonderful news! #QGIS is going to fund a full-time position for one year!
Full stack web developer:
This person will help us realise our new web site and maintain our existing web sites.. Please read the rest of this thread for details! This will be a 12-month contractor position with Kartoza acting as the managing company for the employment contract.
Salary: The salary is 1000 EUROS per month ('cost to company'). We understand that this salary is not competitive with European / North American norms, so it probably means the position is more suitable for someone living in a developing nation where the cost of living is low. That said, if you do live in one of the aforementioned 'high income' regions and find the salary sufficient (e.g. you are retired and want to augment your income, or otherwise have the financial means to make this work) please do not hesitate to apply.
You need to have:
- CSS (and Bulma in particular)
- Git and GitHub actions
- Skills in Hugo will weigh heavily in your favour
- You will be working closely with the team from Kartoza for your daily supervision
- Our team is a wonderful, diverse, and distributed group of people and we welcome the opportunity to make it even more diverse
- You will need to also work closely with the upstream QGIS community, in particular the web site team
- You will need to be able to organise your tasks, show steady progress, be reliable and accessible and work without being 'micro-managed'
- You will work remotely and BYODAI (Bring Your Own Device and Internet)
- You need to be willing (and be excited to) adhere to the QGIS Code of Conduct and the QGIS Diversity Statement and similar codes of conduct for Kartoza's internal practices
Submitting your application:
If you are interested, please click the APPLY NOW button below.
- Your CV
- Your GitHub profile which should include representative examples relevant to the skills listed above
- The earliest date on which you can start work
- Your answer to the following question:
- Which of the following are Hugo concepts?
- Agent Smith
Closing date for applications:
Applications close on the 14th of July 2023, 23h59 WET.
- Please note that these are re-announcements of these positions which were previously announced in November 2022. After making the previous call we needed to wait for the community to approve the funds
- These funds are now secured and so we expect to move quickly now